Thursday, 26 March 2009

Aunty Doo Doo's Seaside Crochet Fest !

Well, the day is nearly here...I'm so excited...not only am I going to be on my way to the Seaside, tomorrow, I have a whole weekend to pack in as much crochet as possible.... and I get to spend it with my lovely friend Lucy, aka as "Aunty Doo Doo" in our house.
Why "Aunty Doo Doo, " ? you may ask..well, that's how you say "Aunty Lu Lu, " when your just learning to speak. Infact, both of my children have had different names for Lucy, so she is also affectionately know as "Soosie" too...and although the children no longer use them very often....they still live on. Well, last night I took a peek at the photo posted on Lucy's blog regarding her packing....and then had to re-think mine. Up until that point I had packed and had ready to go this....

essential for completing my girl's pink crochet dress with complementing Amy Butler fabric

this.........

perfect for the final touches in any crocheted master piece....buttons for embellishment, embroidery threads, to name but a few..

and finally this.....
various crochet WIP's including, a granny blanket, a dress for myself, Opera Singers Project, more Easter bunting , sketches and swatches for my freeform exhibition, and my drop spindles .....and I haven't even packed all my wire, hooks, stones and beads...
And that's without enough essentials for 3 nights !
Hmmm....am I being over optimistic for one weekend...or will I really have the opportunity to finally complete all those crochet WIP's.....?
What do you think ?
Answers on a post card please...or failing that ...leave a comment below !
However, I think I may need to focus...after all... this is meant to be a weekend of crochet rehabilitation, in my road to recovery...so I will take leave now for a few days and be back on Monday, relaxed, rested and recuperated a little more....hooray for paced crochet therapy !