Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Crocheted Curosity

There are times during my crocheted lifespan when , my friends , who don't crochet and continue to think it's really only something I should do when I have grandchildren, derive alot of fun from suggesting what I should crochet.

Recent suggestions have included the classic "crocheted bikini, " which, I might add I have a few 1960's patterns , and "crocheted underwear."


So I have risen to the challenge and have designed and crocheted these ....



Now, not the most practical piece of underwear as it's crocheted in doubled up dk acrylic , but time was a limiting factor and with this piece it's all in the detail...




...the jumbo ric rac and an applique embroidered design from here...


And you may be asking why I have gone to all this trouble ?

Well they are to satisfy the crocheted curosity of all those friends who've ever asked a question starting with ...."Can you crochet .......?"