Saturday, 12 September 2009

Chocolate & Raspberries

Today was one of those few days I needed to divert my creativity away from crochet and do something else.
Today I was in need of baking, not just any baking mind you, baking that involved these....
...we're  in the middle of a bumper crop on our allotment.
So, with this in mind, I scoured my various baking books ( and I have a fair few...nearly as many as I do crochet books !) but could not find that perfect receipe that my tastebuds were yearning for.
Eventually, I decided the only thing for it was to find my own solution ....
Chocolate Raspberry Cake...I know raspberries and chocolate are generally considered a good combination, however, I wasn't sure how a cake might turn out.
Here's the mixture....can you see my raspberries folded through ?
Into the tins...
....fingers crossed.
Eventually after checking, waiting, checking again ...
...yay cooked ! 
Then, after turning out, cooling and icing this is the finished result...
....from the side...
...aeriel view !!
You might have gathered I was quite pleased with the end result ...now I just need to find some taste testers !