Friday, 11 September 2009

The Secret Garden


Just down the road, hidden away, lies a garden, tucked away and hidden from sight.


For just a small  annual fee you can become a friend  of this garden and have your own key and visit any time you like.  I love this garden, it's full of inspiration, and many an hour have I spent sketching and photographing for my sketchbook amongst the peace and quiet.
My children love this garden - they call it "their secret garden" - there are numerous twisty turny paths, places to hide and places to explore .
So this is what I have spent my time doing instead of blogging ?
I have spent it sitting, sketching and pondering , being influenced by the seasonal change of colours, the hedgerow harvest and the slow but quiet move into a new season.


Would you like to join me too ?
Let's take a wander with our eyes and draw some inspiration.

Through the gate
Greeted by the Crab Apple ...
....many a jar of crab apple jelly have been made from this tree
Down the meandering path....
Over the bridge...
to the pond...
and the water's edge
Along the small, narrow, windy paths, autumn's treasures were on display....
This garden has so many treasures...
...including a vegetable patch ...
and places to sit, and sketch and be inspired.
Now I have so many sketches, and autumn inspired  ideas and designs ready to be crocheted .
So, off home, down the hidden paths again and finally I find the gate..
I hope you enjoyed your visit as much as I did.