Monday, 30 November 2009

"It's beginning to look alot like...."

...Christmas...well it is in the Hook & Sumble Household !

Firstly, there was the most important letter that needed to be written and sent off in good time for a reply....



I think Santa will be relieved when He reads the list, as was I. All reasonable and the most extravagant item a pair of sparkly high heeled shoes...how is Santa going to resist that request ?

Secondly, this ...



I've been longing for this issue of Crochet Today every since I knew it was featuring a "Retro Inspired Crochet Christmas," as well as  this fantastic Crochet Gingerbread House. 
Thankfully my Opera Singer friend  recently made a trip the Big Apple  and consequently was given strict instructions that should a newsagent be spied, a small detour would be much appreciated...and that's just how I manage to have a copy .The magazine is packed full of wonderful crochet Christmas creations, including crocheted candy for the tree, and the Christmas Tree skirt.

Another of my particular favourite projects  were these..




...starched crocheted baubles..

which I think would look spectacular grouped together and hung in a window.The only problem I have is whether I have enough time to complete it for this year...

or should I start now for next ?