Thursday, 26 November 2009

It's the Holiday Season ...

....I just love that song,
and today across the pond The Holiday Season officially starts so I wish you all a very
Happy Thanksgiving !
I must say, that a couple of times I have been fortunate to make the trip across to NYC at this time of year to meet up with a dear friend. My recollections of the Big Apple at this time of year include Macy's Parade and ice skating with Santa under the tree at The Rockefeller Centre, followed by shopping on 5th Avenue ( I mean window shopping !!) and lunch at Saks which usually includes reflecting on all the things we have to be thankful for since we last saw each other.
This year I haven't managed to make the trip across, but have sent my very dear friend a Thanksgiving present instead. This year is a special year for us as we've been writing to each other , in the traditional pen pal sense, for 25 years.
So to celebrate this milestone I sent her one of my silver plated crocheted brooches, similar to this, but accented with amethysts and a purple freeform embellishment...to say "thank-you" for our friendship and all it means to us in the Hook and Scumble House.

I hope she likes it, and that we continue to write for many more years to come.