Friday, 23 April 2010

Vintage Visits

Well the sun is shining here today in this little corner of Bedfordshire , and I've finally had some time to sit down and download my photos from our little trip to Lucy's Seaside hideaway, 
you can take a look yourself at the Seaside Hideaway here.

The Hook and Scumble family have been very fortunate to visit the hideaway on a number of occasions,and each time we visit we always seem to discover something new to see or do.

This time however, I was particularly looking forward to my visit as I had discovered that our trip co-incided with  The Little Vintage Lover Fair, so we headed off to Blakeney to take a look.


There were some fantastic stores, with all manor of vintage collectables, but I particularly spent some time  perusing through vintage sewing patterns and books, as well the vintage crochet and materials.

I also met Mrs Kitschen Pink, whose stall was covered with delightful goodies, all very tempting .

And, sitting right next to Mrs Kitschen Pink, was Mrs BoBo Bun, with her equally delightful stall.

So, I can hear you asking "Did you buy anything?"
Well, with all the beautiful vintage crochet that was available it was very hard not to come away with some tiny momento. The stall holder was equally puzzled that I wanted to spend my money on crochet when I could just as easily make it myself..this is true, however I rarely get the time to make for myself.
So, I bought the sweetest vintage granny lap blanket, that now sits in our little cottage on our arm chair.


All in all, a delightful Vintage Visit !