Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Somewhere in My World


Well it has been  a month since I've managed to find some time to sit and blog, especially with all the recent activity in the Hook & Scumble household. I have had so much to share, but time has been precious and so blogging has had to take a back seat, and all that I've managed is the odd tweet here and there. I am however, glad to say, that things are a little bit less hectic, and so I thought I would share with you the work of some very talented freeformers from around the globe.

The International Freeform Crochet Guild sets its members an annual freeform challenge. This year the brief was "Somewhere in my World," and this week the work of 61 fibre artists was published in an on-line exhibition that can be viewed here .


Beaching Combing Treasures - Freeform Crochet Sculpture









 These particular scrumbles make use of three beaching combing treasures treasures as each uses a rock or pebble that has been collected by a member of the Hook & Scumble household. These have been incorporated within the piece, to provide a three-dimensional tactile memory that aims to remind us of the beachy landscapes we love to comb.