Wednesday, 25 August 2010

My Autumn Sardinia

Rowan's Summer Crochet has been a welcome read this summer. So lovely to have a whole book dedicated to crochet. I've spent a while perusing the pages, deciding which project I could reasonably manage to crochet within a small time frame. 
So, inspired by this blog post, I decided to raid my stash and see whether I had enough balls of yarn of the same colour (....always a challenge for a freeform artist) to give it a go.
I have however decided that my version of this project will be more suitable for Autumn...bearing in mind its nearly the end of Summer.
 I've picked a moss green colour in a bamboo /wool mix - light enough for the design, but warm enough to take me into those chilly autumn evenings.


It's still on the hook, but progressing nicely.
Back nearly completed, just shaping the neckline and front just reached the shaping for the arms .
I'll let you know how it turns out.