Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Vintage Textile Treasures

During our time in Norfolk, I like to take the opportunity to peruse Charity Shops, Car Boot Sales and Second Hand Book Shops to see if I can stumble upon any Vintage Treasures.

My first port of call was The Vintage Little Lovers Fair which was held in the beautiful little town of Burnham Market. Before we found the Fair, we spent some time perusing the second hand bookshops and I was very excited to find an Original Coats Manual on Lacecrafts.

The book contains a whole chapter on Hairpin Lace ,


With patterns combining traditional crochet methods, 


and inventive ways of joining hairpin strips,



After a few wrong turns in the Norfolk Countryside, we eventually found the Fair. We unfortunately arrived with only half an hour before the end, so the Hook and Scumble family split up and went on their very own Treasure Hunt.

I managed to find some gorgeous Vintage Sewing Patterns for a bargain price of 50p each,


as well as some Vintage Lace Crochet patterns, perfect for complimenting my new book.


As for the other members of the Hook & Scumble Family, apparently a few Vintage Treasures were acquired, but I've been told I'm going to have to wait until my Birthday to find out exactly what they are....
..can't wait !