Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Freeform Lace Graffiti

Freeform lace is something I combine in my wearable work on a regular basis, however I have for a while been wanting to use this technique more in my Freeform Graffiti.

As part of my working on new designs and gaining inspiration I cam across the work of Margaret Oomen - she blogs here  and her work is truly inspirational . 

I have used sea stones in my work before, and have favoured photographing my work in more natural surroundings aiming to blur the boundaries between nature and art.




So, for the past few weeks I have been just focusing on the use of freeform lace and the 
motifs I commonly use in my work,
 and over the past couple of weeks have managed to finally photograph the finished pieces.










This work is one step further towards a design that encompasses all of my freeform techniques.
I would also like to thank Margie for her inspiration and for her allowing me to share this with you too.