Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Stylish Stitches

Way back in June I spent most of my time designing and crocheting a piece of headgear for the WI  and UK Handknitting Association Stylish Stitches Competition.

The inspiration for my design was based on the fascinators and hats worn at the Royal Wedding earlier in the year and I decided I wanted to create a decadant crocheted version complete with gold plated and colour copper crocheted wire.


One of the judges this year was knitwear designer and author Erika Knight so I was pretty excited to learn today that I came second overall - apparently the only fascinator entered too !
All the winners work will be on display at the fothcoming ICHF Exeter and Blue Water Creative Stitches & HobbyCraft Shows so I'm looking forward to trying to get along and see all the other great designs.